The Report of MY OWN
Morecambe Bay Investigation
“ICEBERG! DEAD AHEAD!”
University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay NHS Foundation Trust?
• I reported a nurse who admitted switching off prescribed fluid infusions, preventing administration to poorly dependent patients. • The report was unacknowledged, unactioned, date-stamped and filed.
• I reported wages fraud. • The Trust decided that “although it did appear to be fraudulent, the amount was not worth pursuing”.
• I reported an improper procedure carried out on a patient which caused injury and life was put at risk. • The report was unacknowledged and not investigated.
• I had two Formal Grievances upheld. • The Trust used trickery and lies to avoid Employment Tribunal penalties.
• I submitted applications for Renewal of my Nurse Registration. • The Trust “lost” my applications…TWICE…I lost my Registration.
• The Trust admitted causing me a work-related stress injury.
• The Trust cancelled my Temporary Injury Allowance without applying for Permanent Injury Benefit.
The Trust made insinuations about my mental health, despite having already admitted responsibility for my condition.
They insisted that I attend Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, then presented the transcript of my confidential CBT sessions to Employment Tribunal as evidence.